Whitney Houston said it best: the children are our future. Lucky for us, the kids prove that they're more than alright every day all across the internet. In a year filled with what seemed to be a constant stream of horrifying news popping into our timelines, these teens brought some much-needed warm, hilarious, wacky, heartwarming beams of light. Let's take a look ten of the highlights.
1. The girl who summed up our 2016 feelings perfectly.
2. This high school-school-stunner-turned-Covergirl.
3. The boy who said 'no' to his parents' homophobic disapproval...
4. The sweet boyfriend who got his face beat so that his girlfriend could afford Coachella tickets.
5. The Finnish teen who invented the sad Kermit meme spread 'round the web.
6. The girl who schooled us on the perfect way to respond to "send nudes" texts.
7. When Gaten Matarrazo opened up about his disability...
8. This teen who got an invite to Thanksgiving out of a text mistake.
9. The girl who wore the orgy shirt anyway.
10. The girl who perfectly summed up how frustrating it is to be a girl on the internet.