It's been a long week and you have a pile of clothes in the dirty laundry that you have to get to. Chances are you've worn your bra way too many times before washing it and it's starting to look dingy and discolored. So, you throw it in the washer with all of the other clothes and when you go to take it out, it looks like it's been through the spinning wheels of death and is twisted, turned, and tangled in the other clothes. While that may seem like the worst of it, your underwire is probably bent up and now pokes you when you wear it.
Well, if you're guilty to the laundry catastrophe, you've been doing it all wrong, clearly. First off, your bras should be hand washed, at least on gentle, to prevent that kind of thing from happening and to make them last longer. Secondly, you should be washing your bra every four to seven wears. This little weird trick for washing your bra will have you taking less trips to Victoria's Secret to invest in a new bra all the time because it'll make your bra clean and kept in good shape.
You'll need a gentle detergent or baby shampoo and a salad spinner, yes, a salad spinner. Just look at it. Doesn't it look like a mini washing machine?
1. Fill the spinner up with warm water and 2 tsp. of baby shampoo or detergent
Quick Note: If your white or nude bra looks discolored (possibly yellow) then add 2 tsp. of white distilled vinegar.
2. Submerge your bra in the water, smooshing the cups up and down to ensure they get soaked
3. Soak for ten minutes
4. Spin for a few good spins then dump the soapy water out
5. Rinse the spinner, refill with cold water, and place the bra back in the spinner
6. Spin it a few times to ensure the soap rinses from the bra
7. Empty the dirty water and repeat with clean water until the water comes out clean
8. Place the bra back in the empty spinner to spin once more to get out excess water that's been soaked
Time to Dry
Now that your bra is clean and untangled, gently squeeze the bra with a towel to soak up any more water. Note: Do not wring or twist the cups.
Hang dry your bra or lay it flat on a clean towel to dry. Avoid hanging your bra by its straps so that they do not get stretched out.