Our latest food hybrid recipe is for Pizza Scones! Crumbly, sweet scones infused with oregano, stuffed with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and topped with more cheese and pepperoni because well, why not. Check out our video below for a quick step-by-step demonstration of this awesome treat and scroll down to the bottom of this page for the full recipe. Enjoy! xo
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 8 tbsp salted butter, cold
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, milk, oregano, & butter. Stir with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Using your hands, work the dough together until it forms a ball. Roll dough out & cut into even triangles that measure roughly 4 inches on each side. Place half the triangles on baking sheet 4 inches apart. Place sauce, cheese, & pepperoni on top of triangle. Place the second triangle on top of the sauced one & press dough to combine at the sides gently.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve & enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes